Avocado Key Lime Pie: Delicious & Healthy
May 4, 2018
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 pkg (10 oz.) Welch’s frozen avocados, thawed and mashed
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick-style plain cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream, whipped and divided
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
To Thaw: Place avocados on a plate at room temperature for approximately 60 minutes or microwave* at 20-second intervals until thawed. For best flavor and texture, serve while still slightly frozen. *As microwaves vary, time may need to be adjusted. Keep frozen—do not refreeze.
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 4-6 hours refrigerated
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with brown sugar; mix in melted butter until moistened. Press into bottom and up the side of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together Welch’s Frozen Avocados, cream cheese, honey, lime juice, lime zest, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped cream.
- Scrape into prepared crust; smooth top. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours or until set. Garnish with remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with coconut (if using).
Tip: Garnish with lime slices or zest!
On this episode, Beth Troutman tells her story; Christina Nicholson embarks on an adventure to Orlando with her family; and former football player Marc Bouniconti shares his journey.
Three decades later, Marc Buoniconti, a quadriplegic, visits The Balancing Act to talk about his life, his mission, and his goal to one day walk again.
The Balancing Act's host Christina Nicholson and her family are embarking on a fun-filled vacation to Orlando, Fla., also known as the "theme park capital of the world."