Avocado Key Lime Pie: Delicious & Healthy
May 4, 2018
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 pkg (10 oz.) Welch’s frozen avocados, thawed and mashed
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick-style plain cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream, whipped and divided
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
To Thaw: Place avocados on a plate at room temperature for approximately 60 minutes or microwave* at 20-second intervals until thawed. For best flavor and texture, serve while still slightly frozen. *As microwaves vary, time may need to be adjusted. Keep frozen—do not refreeze.
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 4-6 hours refrigerated
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with brown sugar; mix in melted butter until moistened. Press into bottom and up the side of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together Welch’s Frozen Avocados, cream cheese, honey, lime juice, lime zest, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped cream.
- Scrape into prepared crust; smooth top. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours or until set. Garnish with remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with coconut (if using).
Tip: Garnish with lime slices or zest!
We’re brightening up your day with insight and ideas for living your best life! Essential Staffing Solutions is a temporary staffing agency with a uniquely permanent approach. Aiming to encourage, motivate, and inspire people like you to help uncover their talents and maximize their opportunities. And speaking of careers, The Balancing Act goes on location […]
During these trying times, when it comes to searching for a new job during record-high unemployment, job seekers need all the help they can get. With over 3 years of experience in helping team members audition for the right job for them, Essential Staffing Solutions is a staffing agency that defies the term ‘temp’ with […]
Glioblastoma (GBM) is rare brain tumor that is difficult to treat and has a poor prognosis.