Avocado Key Lime Pie: Delicious & Healthy
May 4, 2018
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 pkg (10 oz.) Welch’s frozen avocados, thawed and mashed
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick-style plain cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream, whipped and divided
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
To Thaw: Place avocados on a plate at room temperature for approximately 60 minutes or microwave* at 20-second intervals until thawed. For best flavor and texture, serve while still slightly frozen. *As microwaves vary, time may need to be adjusted. Keep frozen—do not refreeze.
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 4-6 hours refrigerated
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with brown sugar; mix in melted butter until moistened. Press into bottom and up the side of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together Welch’s Frozen Avocados, cream cheese, honey, lime juice, lime zest, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped cream.
- Scrape into prepared crust; smooth top. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours or until set. Garnish with remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with coconut (if using).
Tip: Garnish with lime slices or zest!
Behind the Mystery is a special segment dedicated to revolutionizing the way the health care system works for those suffering from a rare and genetic disorder.
Behind the Mystery takes a closer look at one of the two types of Polycystic Kidney disease. Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease, or ADPKD, is a rare, genetic condition.
Behind the Mystery takes a closer look at Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm, a rare disease that is often misdiagnosed and affects at least 500 to 1,000 patients each year in the U.S.