Watermelon Salad Recipe
August 10, 2015
Summer is the perfect time of year to enjoy fresh produce, and luckily, sweet, juicy fruits are an easy sell for the whole family. Try this delicious watermelon salad tonight for dinner, we at The Balancing Act love it!
Watermelon, Spinach & Pecan Salad
¾ cup chopped pecans
5 cups seeded, cubed watermelon
1 (6 oz.) package baby spinach, thoroughly
1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup pepper jelly
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. grated onion
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Combine watermelon and spinach in a large bowl.
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar, pepper jelly, lime juice, grated onion, salt and pepper. Gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream, continuing to whisk until blended.
- Add vinaigrette to watermelon mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Transfer salad to a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with pecans and Gorgonzola.
Your favorite morning show is getting charged up with five fresh new faces! The first-ever Celebrity Edition of The Balancing Act is here.
Naomi Whittel is widely recognized as the one to watch in the “wellness from within” space, hailed as a trailblazer and an advocate of purity and potency in nutraceuticals.
Serving real Memphis-style barbecue since 1992, Sticky Fingers Ribhouse has five signature sauces so you can get sauced at home.