Watermelon Salad Recipe
August 10, 2015
Summer is the perfect time of year to enjoy fresh produce, and luckily, sweet, juicy fruits are an easy sell for the whole family. Try this delicious watermelon salad tonight for dinner, we at The Balancing Act love it!
Watermelon, Spinach & Pecan Salad
¾ cup chopped pecans
5 cups seeded, cubed watermelon
1 (6 oz.) package baby spinach, thoroughly
1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup pepper jelly
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. grated onion
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Combine watermelon and spinach in a large bowl.
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar, pepper jelly, lime juice, grated onion, salt and pepper. Gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream, continuing to whisk until blended.
- Add vinaigrette to watermelon mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Transfer salad to a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with pecans and Gorgonzola.
Ralph goes meatless! Watch as chef Ralph kicks off The Big Game with nutritious tailgating food using Lightlife Plant-Based Ground.
The Balancing Act kicks off 2020 with a football-themed extravaganza! Tailgate with Ralph on the Road, hear from football legend Michael Irvin, and more. First, Beth Troutman is on location at InnovAge in Denver, Colorado to learn more about their PACE program, which helps seniors live independently. Then, Ralph goes meatless! Watch as celebrity chef Ralph Pagano kicks off […]
Beth Troutman is on location at InnovAge in Denver, Colorado to learn more about their PACE program, which helps seniors live independently.