Watermelon Salad Recipe
August 10, 2015
Summer is the perfect time of year to enjoy fresh produce, and luckily, sweet, juicy fruits are an easy sell for the whole family. Try this delicious watermelon salad tonight for dinner, we at The Balancing Act love it!
Watermelon, Spinach & Pecan Salad
¾ cup chopped pecans
5 cups seeded, cubed watermelon
1 (6 oz.) package baby spinach, thoroughly
1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup pepper jelly
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. grated onion
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Combine watermelon and spinach in a large bowl.
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar, pepper jelly, lime juice, grated onion, salt and pepper. Gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream, continuing to whisk until blended.
- Add vinaigrette to watermelon mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Transfer salad to a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with pecans and Gorgonzola.
Bringing the best tips from the experts in Atlanta in business, beauty, wealth management, child healthcare, car shopping, and more. Each year, Atlanta’s Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative selects 15 local female entrepreneurs for a 15-month business training program. We meet women who have grown their companies, created jobs, and broke through the glass ceiling. With some […]
iMCD is the deadliest subtype of Castleman disease. Approximately one third of patients die within five years of diagnosis, and another third die within 10 years if not treated.
There are no effective treatment options for people with unresectable or metastatic chondrosarcoma despite many attempts by multiple pharmaceutical companies over the past few decades.