Watermelon Salad Recipe
August 10, 2015
Summer is the perfect time of year to enjoy fresh produce, and luckily, sweet, juicy fruits are an easy sell for the whole family. Try this delicious watermelon salad tonight for dinner, we at The Balancing Act love it!
Watermelon, Spinach & Pecan Salad
¾ cup chopped pecans
5 cups seeded, cubed watermelon
1 (6 oz.) package baby spinach, thoroughly
1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup pepper jelly
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. grated onion
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Combine watermelon and spinach in a large bowl.
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar, pepper jelly, lime juice, grated onion, salt and pepper. Gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream, continuing to whisk until blended.
- Add vinaigrette to watermelon mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Transfer salad to a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with pecans and Gorgonzola.
Chef Stuart O’Keeffe is back to create delicious homemade salad dressings in mason jars with a special ingredient: Star extra virgin olive oil and vinegar.
Today on The Balancing Act, we start out with a new social network available exclusively to college students. ePEERS is a safe, supportive social forum for college students. Find out why this new platform is helping students from around the country connect peer-to-peer. ePEERS is a great resource for incoming freshmen—and any college student who […]
This simple, fresh salad dressing has a rich herb flavor punctuated with a peppery finish. Enjoy this recipe from Star Fine Foods!