Sun Dried Tomato & Balsamic Chicken Skinny Alfredo
September 10, 2018
A Tasty, Guilt-Free Pasta
- 2 lb chicken tenders
- ¼ cup Ortalli Balsamic Vinegar Modena
- 1/4 cup STAR First Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
For alfredo sauce:
- 1 tablespoon STAR First Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup Cara Mia Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne Styled, drained and chopped
- 1 cup Cara Mia Artichoke Hearts in Water, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 12 ounces whole-wheat angel hair pasta, cooked
- Fresh basil for garnish
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- In a large zip-top back, add the chicken, balsamic vinegar, First Harvest Oil, basil, salt and pepper. Marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan, heat up the First Harvest Oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, about a minute. Sprinkle in the flour and mix well, cooking for another 2 minutes while mixing.
- Slowly incorporate the chicken stock, whisking until you no longer have clumps. Whisk in the milk and simmer for 8 minutes, whisking occasionally, until the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce thickens, remove the chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade. On a sauté pan, over medium-high heat, cook the chicken 4 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other.
- Add the parmesan, salt and pepper to the alfredo and mix well. Add the sundried tomatoes, artichokes, peas, and heat through for 2 more minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the alfredo sauce. Serve topped with some chicken tenders and sprinkled with basil.
Buckle up! We're exploring two unique destinations – Turks & Caicos and Calle Ocho – with celebrity chef Ralph Pagano.
Home to the best beach in the world, breathtaking hues from inviting waters, and legendary diving, snorkeling, and fishing, Turks and Caicos beckons all to an undiscovered Caribbean.
Joining celebrity chef Ralph Pagano is James Beard Award-winning chef Michelle Bernstein, who recently opened a restaurant, Café La Tova, on Calle Ocho.