Classic Bolognese Sauce
December 3, 2018
Celebrity chef Ralph Pagano creates delicious, homemade meals using flavorful seasonings from Orrington Farms.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 oz bacon, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- Pinch sugar
- 4 fluid oz red wine
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Orrington Farms Beef Base
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 8 – 10 people
- Sauté the bacon, onion, carrot, and celery in the oil until softened. Add the beef.
- Add the Orrington Farms Beef Base.
- Stir in the mushrooms, tomato purée, tomatoes, sugar, wine or stock, oregano, garlic granules, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste.
- Serve with pasta, toasted French bread, mashed potatoes, toasted naan, or any other way you’d prefer.
Up next on The Balancing Act, why being your own advocate is key to managing your health. We'll hear from two patients who didn't let their diagnosis stop them from advocating for others.
Painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy of the feet, or diabetic nerve pain of the feet, is a type of nerve damage that is a common complication of diabetes. Patients describe the pain in their feet as burning, an electrical shock, pins and needles, or stabbing and knife-like. There are three FDA-approved oral prescription treatments for diabetic […]
Myasthenia gravis (MG) means grave or serious muscle weakness, which is what patients experience with this rare, autoimmune disease. The hallmark symptom is muscle weakness that worsens after periods of activity and improves after periods of rest. University of South Florida (USF) Health Department of Neurology physician Dr. Niraja Suresh details the disease spectrum, how […]