Classic Bolognese Sauce
December 3, 2018
Celebrity chef Ralph Pagano creates delicious, homemade meals using flavorful seasonings from Orrington Farms.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 oz bacon, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- Pinch sugar
- 4 fluid oz red wine
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Orrington Farms Beef Base
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 8 – 10 people
- Sauté the bacon, onion, carrot, and celery in the oil until softened. Add the beef.
- Add the Orrington Farms Beef Base.
- Stir in the mushrooms, tomato purée, tomatoes, sugar, wine or stock, oregano, garlic granules, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste.
- Serve with pasta, toasted French bread, mashed potatoes, toasted naan, or any other way you’d prefer.
The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD®) is celebrating Rare Disease Day 2021 with The Balancing Act.
Travis Flores is a 29-year-old cystic fibrosis survivor and a recipient of a very rare third double-lung transplant in May 2020.
The Balancing Act has partnered with the National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) and WEGO Health to shine a light on rare diseases and the impact they have on patients.