Classic Bolognese Sauce
December 3, 2018
Celebrity chef Ralph Pagano creates delicious, homemade meals using flavorful seasonings from Orrington Farms.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 oz bacon, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- Pinch sugar
- 4 fluid oz red wine
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Orrington Farms Beef Base
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 8 – 10 people
- Sauté the bacon, onion, carrot, and celery in the oil until softened. Add the beef.
- Add the Orrington Farms Beef Base.
- Stir in the mushrooms, tomato purée, tomatoes, sugar, wine or stock, oregano, garlic granules, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste.
- Serve with pasta, toasted French bread, mashed potatoes, toasted naan, or any other way you’d prefer.
We get it—life can get messy. Responsibilities, career moves, family situations, and more can get in the way of focusing on our mental health. Sometimes it feels like we just don’t have enough time to take care of ourselves. Here are five ways to get to pick yourself up by the bootstraps when you’re feeling stuck.
Caption Call is designed to help people with hearing loss use the phone to stay connected with loved ones and conduct important business of life with complete confidence.
We're covering all things health on this episode of The Balancing Act, from breast reconstruction to supporting a healthy digestive system with probiotics.