Classic Bolognese Sauce
December 3, 2018
Celebrity chef Ralph Pagano creates delicious, homemade meals using flavorful seasonings from Orrington Farms.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 oz bacon, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- Pinch sugar
- 4 fluid oz red wine
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Orrington Farms Beef Base
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 8 – 10 people
- Sauté the bacon, onion, carrot, and celery in the oil until softened. Add the beef.
- Add the Orrington Farms Beef Base.
- Stir in the mushrooms, tomato purée, tomatoes, sugar, wine or stock, oregano, garlic granules, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste.
- Serve with pasta, toasted French bread, mashed potatoes, toasted naan, or any other way you’d prefer.
Buckle up! We're exploring two unique destinations – Turks & Caicos and Calle Ocho – with celebrity chef Ralph Pagano.
Home to the best beach in the world, breathtaking hues from inviting waters, and legendary diving, snorkeling, and fishing, Turks and Caicos beckons all to an undiscovered Caribbean.
Joining celebrity chef Ralph Pagano is James Beard Award-winning chef Michelle Bernstein, who recently opened a restaurant, Café La Tova, on Calle Ocho.