Classic Bolognese Sauce
December 3, 2018
Celebrity chef Ralph Pagano creates delicious, homemade meals using flavorful seasonings from Orrington Farms.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 oz bacon, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- Pinch sugar
- 4 fluid oz red wine
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Orrington Farms Beef Base
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 8 – 10 people
- Sauté the bacon, onion, carrot, and celery in the oil until softened. Add the beef.
- Add the Orrington Farms Beef Base.
- Stir in the mushrooms, tomato purée, tomatoes, sugar, wine or stock, oregano, garlic granules, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste.
- Serve with pasta, toasted French bread, mashed potatoes, toasted naan, or any other way you’d prefer.
One mother shares her experience with breastfeeding and offers seven important tidbits you might not have known about nursing.
With the fall season right around the corner, we're bringing you the latest in fashion, food, and fun the whole family will enjoy.
Hungry? We've got you covered. From quick breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes to holiday and healthy eating, we have enough easy, delicious recipes and snack ideas to inspire even the laziest cook (not to mention please the picky eaters).