Vegetable Chicken Pasta Recipe
October 6, 2015
Adding a simple red sauce to pasta can be a quick and easy dinner solution. However, it’s not the only quick and easy pasta dish. Mix it up with this recipe below or get creative by including your own additions!
Sautéed Chicken, Mushroom & Pea Penne Recipe
12 oz. penne pasta
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut
into 1 in. strips
3 Tbsp. oil
8 oz. cremini or button mushrooms,
trimmed and quartered
3 oz. grated Parmesan, plus additional
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. While it cooks, you can cook the chicken.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of oil over medium to high heat.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook about 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through. Move to a plate.
- One minute before the pasta is done, add the peas.
- Drain the pasta and peas. Keep 1 cup of the water they were cooked in. Return the pasta and peas to the pot.
- Place the skillet used for the chicken back on the stove, add 1 Tbsp. oil and return to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms Parmesan and ½ cup pasta water to the pot with the pasta and peas. Toss to combine. Add more water until desired consistency is achieved.
- Top with additional Parmesan and serve.
Total Time: 30 minutes
The Balancing Act goes behind the scenes with Disney’s Aladdin The Musical. Amber Milt interviews young actress Isabelle McCalla, who’s playing the role of Jasmine on the national tour. Plus, she learns one of the magical tap numbers with a brother and sister swing duo from the show. Thinking of a new career? Why don’t […]
Chef Bryan Tyrell introduces you to a whole new level of flavor with delicious recipes using The Original Sliders from White Castle. From stuffed peppers to beef quesadillas, these mini-burgers steam-grilled on a bed of onions add pizzazz to any recipe! White Castle invented these delicious bite-sized burgers, and now you can find them in […]
Join The Balancing Act host Amber Milt as she goes behind the scenes at Disney’s Aladdin for Broadway Across America. Based on the Academy Award-winning Disney animated film, Aladdin sweeps audiences into an exotic world of daring adventure, classic comedy and timeless romance. Come along for the ride as we meet Jasmine: Actress Isabelle McCalla, […]