Feta, Watermelon & Tabbouleh Salad Recipe
October 6, 2015
Think a salad can’t fill you up? Think again! Thanks to the tabbouleh, a complex carb, this salad is sure to curb any appetite. Add the crunchy cucumber, juicy watermelon and fresh herbs and what’s not to love?!
Feta, Watermelon & Tabbouleh Salad
1 cup bulgur wheat
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
7 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ cups parsley, finely chopped
8 oz. watermelon in ½-inch cubes
6 oz. feta, crumbled
5 oz. English cucumber in ½-inch cubes
½ cup red onion, finely chopped
¾ cup fresh dill, chopped
Dash of rosemary
8 medium shrimp
Salt and pepper to taste
Six, 1-cup servings
- Place the bulgur in a medium bowl. Add enough very hot water to cover and let soak, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Drain and repeat.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, sauté shrimp with a Tbsp. of olive oil and a dash of rosemary.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and lemon juice. Whisk in the remaining olive oil.
- Toss the dressing with the bulgur.
- Add parsley, watermelon, feta, cucumber, dill and onion. Toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Balance Your Life, Summer 2012
On this episode, Beth Troutman tells her story; Christina Nicholson embarks on an adventure to Orlando with her family; and former football player Marc Bouniconti shares his journey.
Three decades later, Marc Buoniconti, a quadriplegic, visits The Balancing Act to talk about his life, his mission, and his goal to one day walk again.
The Balancing Act's host Christina Nicholson and her family are embarking on a fun-filled vacation to Orlando, Fla., also known as the "theme park capital of the world."