Feta, Watermelon & Tabbouleh Salad Recipe
October 6, 2015
Think a salad can’t fill you up? Think again! Thanks to the tabbouleh, a complex carb, this salad is sure to curb any appetite. Add the crunchy cucumber, juicy watermelon and fresh herbs and what’s not to love?!
Feta, Watermelon & Tabbouleh Salad
1 cup bulgur wheat
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
7 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ cups parsley, finely chopped
8 oz. watermelon in ½-inch cubes
6 oz. feta, crumbled
5 oz. English cucumber in ½-inch cubes
½ cup red onion, finely chopped
¾ cup fresh dill, chopped
Dash of rosemary
8 medium shrimp
Salt and pepper to taste
Six, 1-cup servings
- Place the bulgur in a medium bowl. Add enough very hot water to cover and let soak, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Drain and repeat.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, sauté shrimp with a Tbsp. of olive oil and a dash of rosemary.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and lemon juice. Whisk in the remaining olive oil.
- Toss the dressing with the bulgur.
- Add parsley, watermelon, feta, cucumber, dill and onion. Toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Balance Your Life, Summer 2012
Mixing it up in sweet and savory ways: We’re featuring the world-famous, award-winning Angostura® aromatic bitters, orange bitters, and the newly introduced cocoa bitters.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an autoimmune condition where the immune system inappropriately attacks the brain and the spinal cord.
What women "auto" know about car insurance, plus living with and managing multiple sclerosis, and mixing it up with Angostura coca bitters.