Vegetable Chicken Pasta Recipe
October 6, 2015
Adding a simple red sauce to pasta can be a quick and easy dinner solution. However, it’s not the only quick and easy pasta dish. Mix it up with this recipe below or get creative by including your own additions!
Sautéed Chicken, Mushroom & Pea Penne Recipe
12 oz. penne pasta
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut
into 1 in. strips
3 Tbsp. oil
8 oz. cremini or button mushrooms,
trimmed and quartered
3 oz. grated Parmesan, plus additional
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. While it cooks, you can cook the chicken.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of oil over medium to high heat.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook about 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through. Move to a plate.
- One minute before the pasta is done, add the peas.
- Drain the pasta and peas. Keep 1 cup of the water they were cooked in. Return the pasta and peas to the pot.
- Place the skillet used for the chicken back on the stove, add 1 Tbsp. oil and return to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms Parmesan and ½ cup pasta water to the pot with the pasta and peas. Toss to combine. Add more water until desired consistency is achieved.
- Top with additional Parmesan and serve.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Your favorite morning show is getting charged up with five fresh new faces! The first-ever Celebrity Edition of The Balancing Act is here.
Naomi Whittel is widely recognized as the one to watch in the “wellness from within” space, hailed as a trailblazer and an advocate of purity and potency in nutraceuticals.
Serving real Memphis-style barbecue since 1992, Sticky Fingers Ribhouse has five signature sauces so you can get sauced at home.