Quinoa Fruit Salad Recipe
July 15, 2015
With so many fruits in season, summer is arguably the best time of year to buy produce. Try this delicious twist on fruit salad recipe as an appetizer or even a juicy main course!
Quinoa Fruit Salad
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
Pinch of salt
Juice of 1 large lime
3 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
1 ½ cups blueberries
1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
1 ½ cups chopped mango
Extra chopped mint for garnish (optional)
- Using a fine strainer, rise the quinoa under cold water for about a minute.
- Add quinoa, water and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, blueberries, strawberries and mango.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey and mint to create a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit salad and mix until well combined.
- Garnish with additional mint, if desired.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Bringing the best tips from the experts in Atlanta in business, beauty, wealth management, child healthcare, car shopping, and more. Each year, Atlanta’s Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative selects 15 local female entrepreneurs for a 15-month business training program. We meet women who have grown their companies, created jobs, and broke through the glass ceiling. With some […]
iMCD is the deadliest subtype of Castleman disease. Approximately one third of patients die within five years of diagnosis, and another third die within 10 years if not treated.
There are no effective treatment options for people with unresectable or metastatic chondrosarcoma despite many attempts by multiple pharmaceutical companies over the past few decades.