Quinoa Fruit Salad Recipe
July 15, 2015
With so many fruits in season, summer is arguably the best time of year to buy produce. Try this delicious twist on fruit salad recipe as an appetizer or even a juicy main course!
Quinoa Fruit Salad
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
Pinch of salt
Juice of 1 large lime
3 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
1 ½ cups blueberries
1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
1 ½ cups chopped mango
Extra chopped mint for garnish (optional)
- Using a fine strainer, rise the quinoa under cold water for about a minute.
- Add quinoa, water and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, blueberries, strawberries and mango.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey and mint to create a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit salad and mix until well combined.
- Garnish with additional mint, if desired.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Your favorite morning show is getting charged up with five fresh new faces! The first-ever Celebrity Edition of The Balancing Act is here.
Naomi Whittel is widely recognized as the one to watch in the “wellness from within” space, hailed as a trailblazer and an advocate of purity and potency in nutraceuticals.
Make no mistake – this is no child’s play! Indulge in a refreshing and delicious adult frozen cocktail without all the unforgiving calories. Cue Slim Chillers’ Skinny Freezers, a line of low-calorie vodka popsicles for adults made with 8-times distilled vodka. Flavors range from Lemon Drop and Watermelon Lemonade, to the Cosmopolitan and Appletini. All you […]