Quinoa Fruit Salad Recipe
July 15, 2015
With so many fruits in season, summer is arguably the best time of year to buy produce. Try this delicious twist on fruit salad recipe as an appetizer or even a juicy main course!
Quinoa Fruit Salad
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
Pinch of salt
Juice of 1 large lime
3 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
1 ½ cups blueberries
1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
1 ½ cups chopped mango
Extra chopped mint for garnish (optional)
- Using a fine strainer, rise the quinoa under cold water for about a minute.
- Add quinoa, water and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, blueberries, strawberries and mango.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey and mint to create a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit salad and mix until well combined.
- Garnish with additional mint, if desired.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Ingrid Hoffmann uses high-quality Star ingredients to whip up this tasty—and healthy—pasta dish that will have everyone going for seconds.
The Balancing Act host Julie Moran is in the kitchen with celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffman! Using ingredients from Star Fine Foods, Ingrid is whipping up a skinny sun-dried tomato and balsamic chicken alfredo.
On Behind the Mystery, we're investigating Polycythemia Vera (PV), a rare blood cancer which causes overproduction of red blood cells.