Quinoa Fruit Salad Recipe
July 15, 2015
With so many fruits in season, summer is arguably the best time of year to buy produce. Try this delicious twist on fruit salad recipe as an appetizer or even a juicy main course!
Quinoa Fruit Salad
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
Pinch of salt
Juice of 1 large lime
3 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
1 ½ cups blueberries
1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
1 ½ cups chopped mango
Extra chopped mint for garnish (optional)
- Using a fine strainer, rise the quinoa under cold water for about a minute.
- Add quinoa, water and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, blueberries, strawberries and mango.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey and mint to create a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit salad and mix until well combined.
- Garnish with additional mint, if desired.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Get swept away under the desert sky as Amber Milt takes you behind the scenes of The Band's Visit.
About 37 million people face hunger in the U.S. today — including more than 11 million children and nearly 5.4 million seniors. Hunger knows no boundaries — it touches every community in the U.S., including your own.
Welcome back to The Balancing Act! Up next, we're taking a look at Feeding America, as well as a new Broadway sensation and an innovative furniture line perfect for the holiday season.