Grilled Bacon Meatloaf Burgers
November 2, 2015
Inspiration can come from anywhere. Just ask the woman who created this burger. After dinner one night at a Greek restaurant, she decided to combine the flavors from her grilled meatloaf entrée with her love for pimiento cheese on a burger. The result? This tangy, homemade delight with a Southern flare.
1 cup minced Vidalia onion
¼ cup minced green bell pepper
¼ cup minced red bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 large eggs
¼ cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. steak sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
½ tsp ground paprika
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 lb. ground beef chuck
½ lb. ground pork sausage
12 slices cooked bacon
Pimiento cheese spread
6 hamburger buns, toasted
6 slices tomato (optional)
6 green lettuce leaves (optional)
Dijon mustard (optional)
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and let cool completely.
- Add bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire, steak sauce, dry mustard, paprika, salt and pepper to vegetable mixture, combining well.
- Add ground beef and sausage, mixing until just combined.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties and place on a baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. Spray grill rack with nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray.
- Grill burgers, turning once, just until they feel firm when pressed in the centers (meat should bounce back), approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and immediately top each burger with two slices of bacon and desired amount of pimiento cheese spread.
- Serve hot, on buns, with tomato, lettuce and Dijon mustard, if desired.
Taste of the South, June/July 2010
Ralph goes meatless! Watch as chef Ralph kicks off The Big Game with nutritious tailgating food using Lightlife Plant-Based Ground.
The Balancing Act kicks off 2020 with a football-themed extravaganza! Tailgate with Ralph on the Road, hear from football legend Michael Irvin, and more. First, Beth Troutman is on location at InnovAge in Denver, Colorado to learn more about their PACE program, which helps seniors live independently. Then, Ralph goes meatless! Watch as celebrity chef Ralph Pagano kicks off […]
Beth Troutman is on location at InnovAge in Denver, Colorado to learn more about their PACE program, which helps seniors live independently.