Grilled Vegetable Kabobs Recipe
August 5, 2015
Having trouble getting your kids to eat their veggies? Try involving them in the meal prep process! These colorful grilled vegetable kabobs are not only delicious, they’re fun to make and easy to grill, for a meal the whole family can agree on!
Summer Vegetable Kabobs with Homemade Pesto
4 red onions, cut into quarters
2 Japanese eggplants, cut into chunks
2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
2/3 red bell peppers, seeded and cut
12 cherry tomatoes
4-6 wooden skewers, soaked in water (or
3 garlic cloves
Large bunch fresh basil, leaves cleaned
and stems removed
Sea salt to taste
2 Tbsp. pine nuts
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
4 Tbsp. olive oil
Freshly squeezed juice of ½ lemon
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Sea salt to taste
- To prepare the pesto, let the kids put the garlic, basil, salt, pine nuts and cheese into a food processor. They can pulse the mixture while an adult slowly drizzles in enough oil to create a smooth sauce. Set aside.
- To prepare the marinade, have the kids whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a large bowl.
- Add prepared vegetables and let the kids gently toss them until coated.
- Older children can thread seasoned vegetables onto prepared skewers.
- Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill. Cook kabobs 2-3 minutes on each side, until vegetables are nicely browned.
- Serve with the pesto sauce for dipping.
Working Mother, June-July 2010
The Balancing Act goes behind the scenes with Disney’s Aladdin The Musical. Amber Milt interviews young actress Isabelle McCalla, who’s playing the role of Jasmine on the national tour. Plus, she learns one of the magical tap numbers with a brother and sister swing duo from the show. Thinking of a new career? Why don’t […]
Chef Bryan Tyrell introduces you to a whole new level of flavor with delicious recipes using The Original Sliders from White Castle. From stuffed peppers to beef quesadillas, these mini-burgers steam-grilled on a bed of onions add pizzazz to any recipe! White Castle invented these delicious bite-sized burgers, and now you can find them in […]
Join The Balancing Act host Amber Milt as she goes behind the scenes at Disney’s Aladdin for Broadway Across America. Based on the Academy Award-winning Disney animated film, Aladdin sweeps audiences into an exotic world of daring adventure, classic comedy and timeless romance. Come along for the ride as we meet Jasmine: Actress Isabelle McCalla, […]