Grilled Vegetable Kabobs Recipe
August 5, 2015
Having trouble getting your kids to eat their veggies? Try involving them in the meal prep process! These colorful grilled vegetable kabobs are not only delicious, they’re fun to make and easy to grill, for a meal the whole family can agree on!
Summer Vegetable Kabobs with Homemade Pesto
4 red onions, cut into quarters
2 Japanese eggplants, cut into chunks
2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
2/3 red bell peppers, seeded and cut
12 cherry tomatoes
4-6 wooden skewers, soaked in water (or
3 garlic cloves
Large bunch fresh basil, leaves cleaned
and stems removed
Sea salt to taste
2 Tbsp. pine nuts
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
4 Tbsp. olive oil
Freshly squeezed juice of ½ lemon
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Sea salt to taste
- To prepare the pesto, let the kids put the garlic, basil, salt, pine nuts and cheese into a food processor. They can pulse the mixture while an adult slowly drizzles in enough oil to create a smooth sauce. Set aside.
- To prepare the marinade, have the kids whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a large bowl.
- Add prepared vegetables and let the kids gently toss them until coated.
- Older children can thread seasoned vegetables onto prepared skewers.
- Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill. Cook kabobs 2-3 minutes on each side, until vegetables are nicely browned.
- Serve with the pesto sauce for dipping.
Working Mother, June-July 2010
BioTE Medical is a leader in precision and preventive medicine. They create patient-centric strategies that optimize hormones for women and men.
The Oxford Gold Group was founded on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to afford and benefit from owning precious metals. They tailor investment strategies for each investor based on their specific needs.
TruSculpt iD and truSculpt flex offer you a total body solution to remove fat, renew skin, and rebuild muscle.