October 27, 2015
Soup is a no-brainer, go-to meal as soon as the temperatures start to dip. However, the convenience of the canned options from the grocery store is trumped by the high sodium levels. So next time you’re craving a steaming bowl of soul-warming soup, make it at home! This recipe is a simple classic to get you started.
4 cups chopped tomatoes
1 sliced onion
4 whole cloves
2 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
- In a stockpot, over medium heat, combine the tomatoes, onion, cloves and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and gently boil for about 20 minutes to blend all the flavors.
- Remove from heat and run the mixture through a food mill into a large bowl or pan. Discard any debris left in the food mill.
- In the now empty stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour to make a roux, cooking until the color is medium brown.
- Gradually whisk in some of the tomato mixture so that no lumps form.
- Season with sugar and salt, adjusting to your tastes.
BioTE Medical is a leader in precision and preventive medicine. They create patient-centric strategies that optimize hormones for women and men.
The Oxford Gold Group was founded on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to afford and benefit from owning precious metals. They tailor investment strategies for each investor based on their specific needs.
TruSculpt iD and truSculpt flex offer you a total body solution to remove fat, renew skin, and rebuild muscle.