October 7, 2015
Sometimes, the simplest ingredients around your home can create the most delicious, unexpected treats. While it uses familiar saltine crackers as a base, this toffee bar recipe is anything but basic. Your friends and family won’t believe what the secret ingredient is!
35 saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 (6-oz.) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a 15×10-inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange crackers in a single layer on prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan, place butter and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and boil for 3 minutes (do not stir).
- Immediately spread butter mixture over crackers.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate morsels over top. Let stand for 2 minutes or until melted. Spread melted chocolate over tops of crackers.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Let cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Break into pieces before serving.
There is nothing like natural citrus juice! That's why we're in the kitchen with celebrity chef Ralph Pagano and Indian River Select's Pat Schirard.
Welcome to a new edition of The Balancing Act! We're in the kitchen with chef Ralph Pagano, sitting down with First for Women’s Samantha Trenk, and getting an insider's look at Turks and Caicos.
Stay tuned as we sit down with First for Women’s Samantha Trenk, who’s sharing summer-inspired tips and tricks for women everywhere on makeup, weight loss, cleaning, and more.