October 7, 2015
Sometimes, the simplest ingredients around your home can create the most delicious, unexpected treats. While it uses familiar saltine crackers as a base, this toffee bar recipe is anything but basic. Your friends and family won’t believe what the secret ingredient is!
35 saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 (6-oz.) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a 15×10-inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange crackers in a single layer on prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan, place butter and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and boil for 3 minutes (do not stir).
- Immediately spread butter mixture over crackers.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate morsels over top. Let stand for 2 minutes or until melted. Spread melted chocolate over tops of crackers.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Let cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Break into pieces before serving.
Ingrid Hoffmann uses high-quality Star ingredients to whip up this tasty—and healthy—pasta dish that will have everyone going for seconds.
The Balancing Act host Julie Moran is in the kitchen with celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffman! Using ingredients from Star Fine Foods, Ingrid is whipping up a skinny sun-dried tomato and balsamic chicken alfredo.
On Behind the Mystery, we're investigating Polycythemia Vera (PV), a rare blood cancer which causes overproduction of red blood cells.