October 7, 2015
Sometimes, the simplest ingredients around your home can create the most delicious, unexpected treats. While it uses familiar saltine crackers as a base, this toffee bar recipe is anything but basic. Your friends and family won’t believe what the secret ingredient is!
35 saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 (6-oz.) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a 15×10-inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange crackers in a single layer on prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan, place butter and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and boil for 3 minutes (do not stir).
- Immediately spread butter mixture over crackers.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate morsels over top. Let stand for 2 minutes or until melted. Spread melted chocolate over tops of crackers.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Let cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Break into pieces before serving.
Bringing the best tips from the experts in Atlanta in business, beauty, wealth management, child healthcare, car shopping, and more. Each year, Atlanta’s Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative selects 15 local female entrepreneurs for a 15-month business training program. We meet women who have grown their companies, created jobs, and broke through the glass ceiling. With some […]
iMCD is the deadliest subtype of Castleman disease. Approximately one third of patients die within five years of diagnosis, and another third die within 10 years if not treated.
There are no effective treatment options for people with unresectable or metastatic chondrosarcoma despite many attempts by multiple pharmaceutical companies over the past few decades.