October 7, 2015
Sometimes, the simplest ingredients around your home can create the most delicious, unexpected treats. While it uses familiar saltine crackers as a base, this toffee bar recipe is anything but basic. Your friends and family won’t believe what the secret ingredient is!
35 saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 (6-oz.) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a 15×10-inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange crackers in a single layer on prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan, place butter and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and boil for 3 minutes (do not stir).
- Immediately spread butter mixture over crackers.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate morsels over top. Let stand for 2 minutes or until melted. Spread melted chocolate over tops of crackers.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Let cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Break into pieces before serving.
Ralph goes meatless! Watch as chef Ralph kicks off The Big Game with nutritious tailgating food using Lightlife Plant-Based Ground.
The Balancing Act kicks off 2020 with a football-themed extravaganza! Tailgate with Ralph on the Road, hear from football legend Michael Irvin, and more. First, Beth Troutman is on location at InnovAge in Denver, Colorado to learn more about their PACE program, which helps seniors live independently. Then, Ralph goes meatless! Watch as celebrity chef Ralph Pagano kicks off […]
Beth Troutman is on location at InnovAge in Denver, Colorado to learn more about their PACE program, which helps seniors live independently.