October 7, 2015
Sometimes, the simplest ingredients around your home can create the most delicious, unexpected treats. While it uses familiar saltine crackers as a base, this toffee bar recipe is anything but basic. Your friends and family won’t believe what the secret ingredient is!
35 saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 (6-oz.) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a 15×10-inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange crackers in a single layer on prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan, place butter and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and boil for 3 minutes (do not stir).
- Immediately spread butter mixture over crackers.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate morsels over top. Let stand for 2 minutes or until melted. Spread melted chocolate over tops of crackers.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Let cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Break into pieces before serving.
Chef Stuart O’Keeffe is back to create delicious homemade salad dressings in mason jars with a special ingredient: Star extra virgin olive oil and vinegar.
Today on The Balancing Act, we start out with a new social network available exclusively to college students. ePEERS is a safe, supportive social forum for college students. Find out why this new platform is helping students from around the country connect peer-to-peer. ePEERS is a great resource for incoming freshmen—and any college student who […]
This simple, fresh salad dressing has a rich herb flavor punctuated with a peppery finish. Enjoy this recipe from Star Fine Foods!