Ten Ways to Make Sure Your Posts are Twitterific
October 7, 2015
When you’re limited to 140 characters, you have to be selective about what you say. Here are ten pointers to ensure you’re making the most of your Twitter account:
- Be careful. You don’t have to follow everyone, or allow everyone you asks to follow you. Make sure that the accounts are not inappropriate or spam.
- Be independent. Just because someone follows you, doesn’t mean you have to follow them back.
- Be relevant. If you’re following an industry expert or celebrity, don’t contribute to the clutter. Only tweet to them if it is pertinent.
- Be selective. No one cares that you just ate a banana for breakfast. When you’re deciding what and what not to post, remember that this isn’t your diary.
- Be level headed. Don’t let your emotions get the best of you. If something upsets you, walk away and address the issue at a later time. Once your words are on Twitter, there’s no taking them back.
- Be social. Don’t limit yourself to your close group of friends. Twitter is about networking, so expand your circle and engage with a broader audience.
- Be timely. One of the reasons Twitter is such a powerful tool is the fact that information and conversations are shared in real time. If you’re participating, make sure you’re keeping up.
- Be trendy. Learn the proper use of hashtags (#) and incorporate them whenever possible. This will help other followers interested in your topic find your tweet, especially if the topic is trending.
- Be polite. Just like in any social environment, manners are appreciated. Be sure to reciprocate love and thank people when appropriate.
- Have fun! Twitter is a tool, but it is also somewhat of a social toy, so make sure that you’re enjoying yourself as you engage.
Stay tuned for tips on home organization, family-friendly recipes, fiber supplements, and hypothyroidism.
Blister packs over bottles — a small change in medication adherence can have a big impact on treatment success when managing hypothyroidism.
Metamucil® is the only leading fiber supplement brand that contains 100% natural psyllium husk, a great source of both soluble and insoluble fiber.