Smokehouse Chicken Wings Recipe
August 21, 2015
You’ve still got a week of summer left! Don’t let it go to waste! Break out the grill and enjoy another long night in your backyard before it’s too late. These smoky, fall-off-the-bone wings will have all the neighbors wishing for an invite.
Smokehouse Chicken Wings
10-16 chicken wings
1.25 cups brine
2.5 oz. blackening spice mix
Blackening Spice Mix:
2 1/3 tsp garlic granulated spice
2 1/3 tsp onion powder
1 ½ tsp white pepper
1 ½ tsp black pepper
1 ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 ½ tsp thyme
½ tsp oregano
1 ½ tsp kosher salt
2 1/3 tsp paprika
- Combine all ingredients of Blackening Spice mix thoroughly.
- Place all 10-16 chicken wings in the brine and let sit for 24 hours. Remove and drain.
- Lightly dust the chicken wings with the Blackening Spice mix.
- Place in a perforated pan.
- In a separate pan, place some charcoal and fruit wood chips, like cherry.
- Set the wing pan over the coals, cover and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Serve with a side of your favorite blue cheese dressing.
Her Life, July 2011
We’re back with a new episode of The Balancing Act! Stay tuned as we go behind the scenes of the record-breaking musical Cats, and much more.
Looking for a boost? That's where RXBAR comes in.
Family First Life knows all about affordable life insurance policies. They give everything they have to earn trust with clients and agents.