Smokehouse Chicken Wings Recipe
August 21, 2015
You’ve still got a week of summer left! Don’t let it go to waste! Break out the grill and enjoy another long night in your backyard before it’s too late. These smoky, fall-off-the-bone wings will have all the neighbors wishing for an invite.
Smokehouse Chicken Wings
10-16 chicken wings
1.25 cups brine
2.5 oz. blackening spice mix
Blackening Spice Mix:
2 1/3 tsp garlic granulated spice
2 1/3 tsp onion powder
1 ½ tsp white pepper
1 ½ tsp black pepper
1 ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 ½ tsp thyme
½ tsp oregano
1 ½ tsp kosher salt
2 1/3 tsp paprika
- Combine all ingredients of Blackening Spice mix thoroughly.
- Place all 10-16 chicken wings in the brine and let sit for 24 hours. Remove and drain.
- Lightly dust the chicken wings with the Blackening Spice mix.
- Place in a perforated pan.
- In a separate pan, place some charcoal and fruit wood chips, like cherry.
- Set the wing pan over the coals, cover and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Serve with a side of your favorite blue cheese dressing.
Her Life, July 2011
Knowing the risk of being an OTC carrier and how to prepare for it with the UCD Genetic Testing Program, sponsored by Horizon Therapeutics and performed by Invitae.
Acromegaly is a slow-progressing disorder that occurs when the pituitary gland produces too much growth hormone.
Up next, stay tuned for a brand-new Behind the Mystery special — only on The Balancing Act.