Smokehouse Chicken Wings Recipe
August 21, 2015
You’ve still got a week of summer left! Don’t let it go to waste! Break out the grill and enjoy another long night in your backyard before it’s too late. These smoky, fall-off-the-bone wings will have all the neighbors wishing for an invite.
Smokehouse Chicken Wings
10-16 chicken wings
1.25 cups brine
2.5 oz. blackening spice mix
Blackening Spice Mix:
2 1/3 tsp garlic granulated spice
2 1/3 tsp onion powder
1 ½ tsp white pepper
1 ½ tsp black pepper
1 ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 ½ tsp thyme
½ tsp oregano
1 ½ tsp kosher salt
2 1/3 tsp paprika
- Combine all ingredients of Blackening Spice mix thoroughly.
- Place all 10-16 chicken wings in the brine and let sit for 24 hours. Remove and drain.
- Lightly dust the chicken wings with the Blackening Spice mix.
- Place in a perforated pan.
- In a separate pan, place some charcoal and fruit wood chips, like cherry.
- Set the wing pan over the coals, cover and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Serve with a side of your favorite blue cheese dressing.
Her Life, July 2011
Chef Stuart O’Keeffe is back to create delicious homemade salad dressings in mason jars with a special ingredient: Star extra virgin olive oil and vinegar.
Today on The Balancing Act, we start out with a new social network available exclusively to college students. ePEERS is a safe, supportive social forum for college students. Find out why this new platform is helping students from around the country connect peer-to-peer. ePEERS is a great resource for incoming freshmen—and any college student who […]
This simple, fresh salad dressing has a rich herb flavor punctuated with a peppery finish. Enjoy this recipe from Star Fine Foods!