Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy Pepper Shredded Beef
October 1, 2018
Celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffmann uses high-quality ingredients from Star Fine Foods to construct this mouthwatering slow cooker recipe that's long on flavor and short on labor.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 1 (14-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon annatto powder
- 1 tablespoon STAR Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 lbs. flank steak
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.75) jar Cara Mia Piquillo Pepper
- 1 cup STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, drained
- ¼ cup STAR Sliced Jalapeños
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Brown rice for serving
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5 hours, 15 mins
Serves: 3 dozen
- In a slow cooker, add the beef broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, annatto and apple cider vinegar, onion, garlic, piquillo peppers, olives, jalapeños and raisins. Mix well to combine.
- Add the flank steak and flip to cover well with the sauce. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours, until the meat is very tender.
- Remove the flank steak and shred using 2 forks.
- Add ½ of the cilantro to the sauce and return the flank steak to heat through. Serve over brown rice and garnish with remaining cilantro.
When you’ve been seriously injured, you’ve got to have the right team of lawyers behind you. If you place your trust in the lawyers at Bonina & Bonina, they will make it their mission to get your voice and your story heard. From medical malpractice suits to adult survivors of child sex abuse, the team […]
A cancer or sickle cell diagnosis can be tough for families, but organizations like Embrace Kids Foundation are there to help. For almost 30 years, Embrace Kids has provided a tight-knit community for families to lean on. With dedicated volunteers, Embrace Kids have helped over 3,500 families and provided millions in financial aid, college scholarships, […]
NEW LEAF Consignment was opened to start a new habit in fashion—sustainable clothing at a reasonable cost. And because of the cost, their shoppers can try new fashion trends without breaking the bank. NEW LEAF Consignment makes sure every client is happy with their fashion consulting services #styledbystef whether they are buying or selling clothing.