Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy Pepper Shredded Beef
October 1, 2018
Celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffmann uses high-quality ingredients from Star Fine Foods to construct this mouthwatering slow cooker recipe that's long on flavor and short on labor.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 1 (14-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon annatto powder
- 1 tablespoon STAR Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 lbs. flank steak
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.75) jar Cara Mia Piquillo Pepper
- 1 cup STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, drained
- ¼ cup STAR Sliced Jalapeños
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Brown rice for serving
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5 hours, 15 mins
Serves: 3 dozen
- In a slow cooker, add the beef broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, annatto and apple cider vinegar, onion, garlic, piquillo peppers, olives, jalapeños and raisins. Mix well to combine.
- Add the flank steak and flip to cover well with the sauce. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours, until the meat is very tender.
- Remove the flank steak and shred using 2 forks.
- Add ½ of the cilantro to the sauce and return the flank steak to heat through. Serve over brown rice and garnish with remaining cilantro.
Don’t move! The Balancing Act is back with a new Behind the Mystery segment and an inside look at a Broadway sensation.
We're discussing Alport syndrome, a rare, genetic, and chronic kidney condition characterized by declining kidney function which can lead to end-stage kidney disease.
When it comes to facial and body rejuvenation, discover a patient-first, non-surgical approach at Jupiter Plastic Surgery Center.