Roasted Red Pepper and Olive Bruschetta
March 7, 2018
The Classic Italian Appetizer Gets a Serious Flavor Boost from Stuffed Olives
- 1 cup STAR Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 – 1 cup STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/3 cup Cara Mia Piquillo Peppers
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
1 baguette, sliced and toasted
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring STAR Balsamic Vinegar to a simmer, stirring occasionally until the sauce has reduced by half and become syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the glaze from the heat, and allow the balsamic glaze to cool.
- In a small food processor, add in the STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, garlic, salt, pepper, Cara Mia Piquillo Peppers, lemon juice, STAR Olive Oil and Dijon mustard. Pulse the food processor 5-7 times until the mix is chunky and combined.
- Top the toasted sliced baguette with the red pepper bruschetta, crumbled feta, and the balsamic drizzle. Serve immediately.
Behind the Mystery is a special segment dedicated to revolutionizing the way the health care system works for those suffering from a rare and genetic disorder.
Behind the Mystery takes a closer look at one of the two types of Polycystic Kidney disease. Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease, or ADPKD, is a rare, genetic condition.
Behind the Mystery takes a closer look at Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm, a rare disease that is often misdiagnosed and affects at least 500 to 1,000 patients each year in the U.S.