Roasted Red Pepper and Olive Bruschetta
March 7, 2018
The Classic Italian Appetizer Gets a Serious Flavor Boost from Stuffed Olives
- 1 cup STAR Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 – 1 cup STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/3 cup Cara Mia Piquillo Peppers
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
1 baguette, sliced and toasted
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring STAR Balsamic Vinegar to a simmer, stirring occasionally until the sauce has reduced by half and become syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the glaze from the heat, and allow the balsamic glaze to cool.
- In a small food processor, add in the STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives, garlic, salt, pepper, Cara Mia Piquillo Peppers, lemon juice, STAR Olive Oil and Dijon mustard. Pulse the food processor 5-7 times until the mix is chunky and combined.
- Top the toasted sliced baguette with the red pepper bruschetta, crumbled feta, and the balsamic drizzle. Serve immediately.
Healthy eating habits start at home and often at a very young age. It's important to promote healthy choices with your children to show why—and how—a healthy lifestyle can be fun. We've got some tips to help you if you've got a picky eater on your hands:
On this special episode, we're supporting our nations troops with the Wounded Warrior Project. Plus, a new edition of Behind the Mystery and a delicious fall recipe from celebrity chef Ralph Pagano.
Discover the Wounded Warrior Project, a charitable organization that helps veterans and active duty service members.