Roasted Beet Salad
October 16, 2015
Many of us are only used to the pickled beets we see in jars at the store, but there are multiple other ways to enjoy them. For this fresh, citrusy salad, start by picking smaller beets (they’ll be more tender than the larger ones) with smooth skin and crisp bright greens attached.
Roasted Beet Salad
1 lb. (about 12) assorted red and golden
baby beets, trimmed
2 Tbsp. orange juice
1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
¼ tsp each salt and pepper, divided
¼ tsp sugar
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups each firmly packed baby arugula
and spring mix salad greens
2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare the beets by cutting the leafy tops about 1 inch above the roots. Scrub them thoroughly with a vegetable brush and pat dry before using.
- Divide the whole beets between two sheets of foil on a rimmed baking pan. Make a pouch out of each sheet of foil and seal.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes (if you can pierce them easily with a knife, they are done). Cool for 10 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine orange juice, vinegar, 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper and the sugar in a measuring cup. Slowly whisk in oil until well combined.
- Rub the skin off the beets with a paper towel or wear rubber gloves to prevent staining your hands. Cut the beets into wedges.
- In a medium bowl, toss the beets with 1 Tbsp. of the dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad greens with the remaining 1/8 tsp salt and pepper. Add the beets and the remaining dressing, gently tossing to combine.
- Top with goat cheese and serve.
Woman’s Day, May 2010
The Rockefeller Foundation is working to give communities the food, income, and benefits they need to survive by providing access to various helpful resources.
Homesquare offers an extensive and curated range of functional, stylish, and modern furniture that allows customers to create their dream home office.
The Balancing Act is back, exploring ways to survive and thrive during the coronavirus pandemic – from mental health to creating your dream workspace.