Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Apple Slaw
April 3, 2018
Slow roasted chicken, topped with a refreshing apple slaw made with STAR Apple Cider Vinegar.
For the Pulled Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup STAR Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce)
- Hamburger buns
For the Apple Slaw:
- 2 tablespoons STAR Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (or mayo)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 4 Hrs
Total Time: 4 Hrs 15 mins
- Add the sliced chicken breasts to a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, remove and shred with a fork. Return chicken to the slow cooker for 5-10 minutes.
- Just before the chicken is finished, prepare the apple slaw. Stir together the vinegar, Greek yogurt, and the honey in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste. Combine the coleslaw mix and the apple in a bowl and pour the dressing over and mix well. Serve on top of the pulled chicken sandwiches.
On The Balancing Act's annual Christmas special, we're getting you ready to conquer this holiday season–food and fashion included!
Celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffmann is in the kitchen showcasing easy and delicious platters perfect for your next holiday party.
Using high-quality ingredients from Star Fine Foods, celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffmann showcases how to make an olive-raisin tapenade platter.