Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Apple Slaw
April 3, 2018
Slow roasted chicken, topped with a refreshing apple slaw made with STAR Apple Cider Vinegar.
For the Pulled Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup STAR Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce)
- Hamburger buns
For the Apple Slaw:
- 2 tablespoons STAR Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (or mayo)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 4 Hrs
Total Time: 4 Hrs 15 mins
- Add the sliced chicken breasts to a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, remove and shred with a fork. Return chicken to the slow cooker for 5-10 minutes.
- Just before the chicken is finished, prepare the apple slaw. Stir together the vinegar, Greek yogurt, and the honey in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste. Combine the coleslaw mix and the apple in a bowl and pour the dressing over and mix well. Serve on top of the pulled chicken sandwiches.
Chef Stuart O’Keeffe is back to create delicious homemade salad dressings in mason jars with a special ingredient: Star extra virgin olive oil and vinegar.
Today on The Balancing Act, we start out with a new social network available exclusively to college students. ePEERS is a safe, supportive social forum for college students. Find out why this new platform is helping students from around the country connect peer-to-peer. ePEERS is a great resource for incoming freshmen—and any college student who […]
This simple, fresh salad dressing has a rich herb flavor punctuated with a peppery finish. Enjoy this recipe from Star Fine Foods!