Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Apple Slaw
April 3, 2018
Slow roasted chicken, topped with a refreshing apple slaw made with STAR Apple Cider Vinegar.
For the Pulled Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup STAR Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce)
- Hamburger buns
For the Apple Slaw:
- 2 tablespoons STAR Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (or mayo)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 4 Hrs
Total Time: 4 Hrs 15 mins
- Add the sliced chicken breasts to a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, remove and shred with a fork. Return chicken to the slow cooker for 5-10 minutes.
- Just before the chicken is finished, prepare the apple slaw. Stir together the vinegar, Greek yogurt, and the honey in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste. Combine the coleslaw mix and the apple in a bowl and pour the dressing over and mix well. Serve on top of the pulled chicken sandwiches.
Get swept away under the desert sky as Amber Milt takes you behind the scenes of The Band's Visit.
About 37 million people face hunger in the U.S. today — including more than 11 million children and nearly 5.4 million seniors. Hunger knows no boundaries — it touches every community in the U.S., including your own.
Welcome back to The Balancing Act! Up next, we're taking a look at Feeding America, as well as a new Broadway sensation and an innovative furniture line perfect for the holiday season.