Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Apple Slaw
April 3, 2018
Slow roasted chicken, topped with a refreshing apple slaw made with STAR Apple Cider Vinegar.
For the Pulled Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup STAR Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or soy sauce)
- Hamburger buns
For the Apple Slaw:
- 2 tablespoons STAR Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (or mayo)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 4 Hrs
Total Time: 4 Hrs 15 mins
- Add the sliced chicken breasts to a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, remove and shred with a fork. Return chicken to the slow cooker for 5-10 minutes.
- Just before the chicken is finished, prepare the apple slaw. Stir together the vinegar, Greek yogurt, and the honey in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste. Combine the coleslaw mix and the apple in a bowl and pour the dressing over and mix well. Serve on top of the pulled chicken sandwiches.
Up next on The Balancing Act, World Lupus Day, foster care, and more.
In honor of World Lupus Day (May 10th) and Lupus Awareness Month, the Balancing Act presents an exciting development in the fight against lupus nephritis, a serious complication of lupus.
You Gotta Believe is the only NYC Metro organization that specializes in finding permanent families for young adults, teens, and pre-teens in foster care.