October 27, 2015
If you’re cutting back on red meat, but still craving tacos, pork can serve as a delicious alternative to ground beef. And what better night than Taco Tuesday to give these a try?
2 tsp oil
1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tsp ground cumin
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup salsa verde
½ cup chopped cilantro
8 corn tortillas (heated according to package
1 cup shredded lettuce
Diced tomatoes and avocado, for garnish
- Heat oil in a 12-inch, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cumin. Cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir salsa into skillet. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Stir in cilantro.
- Using two forks, pierce and shred cubes of pork.
- To assemble, fill warmed tortillas with pork mixture, then add lettuce. Serve with diced tomato and avocado, if desired.
Woman’s Day, April 2010
Chef Stuart O’Keeffe is back to create delicious homemade salad dressings in mason jars with a special ingredient: Star extra virgin olive oil and vinegar.
Today on The Balancing Act, we start out with a new social network available exclusively to college students. ePEERS is a safe, supportive social forum for college students. Find out why this new platform is helping students from around the country connect peer-to-peer. ePEERS is a great resource for incoming freshmen—and any college student who […]
This simple, fresh salad dressing has a rich herb flavor punctuated with a peppery finish. Enjoy this recipe from Star Fine Foods!