October 27, 2015
If you’re cutting back on red meat, but still craving tacos, pork can serve as a delicious alternative to ground beef. And what better night than Taco Tuesday to give these a try?
2 tsp oil
1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tsp ground cumin
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup salsa verde
½ cup chopped cilantro
8 corn tortillas (heated according to package
1 cup shredded lettuce
Diced tomatoes and avocado, for garnish
- Heat oil in a 12-inch, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cumin. Cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir salsa into skillet. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Stir in cilantro.
- Using two forks, pierce and shred cubes of pork.
- To assemble, fill warmed tortillas with pork mixture, then add lettuce. Serve with diced tomato and avocado, if desired.
Woman’s Day, April 2010
On this episode, Beth Troutman tells her story; Christina Nicholson embarks on an adventure to Orlando with her family; and former football player Marc Bouniconti shares his journey.
Three decades later, Marc Buoniconti, a quadriplegic, visits The Balancing Act to talk about his life, his mission, and his goal to one day walk again.
The Balancing Act's host Christina Nicholson and her family are embarking on a fun-filled vacation to Orlando, Fla., also known as the "theme park capital of the world."