Pistachio & Pomegranate Rice
November 12, 2018
Celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffmann uses high-quality ingredients from Star Fine Foods to spice up your Thanksgiving table with this delicious side dish.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1½ cups of water + 2 tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons STAR Extra Light Olive Oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pistachios, shelled
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/8th teaspoon saffron powder
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 6 people
- Place the rice in a large saucepan with the 1½ cups of water, 2 tablespoons oil, and salt. Bring to a boil, uncovered, and cook until you see holes forming on the surface that tunnel down into the rice, about 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and cover the saucepan. Cook for 20 minutes, then fluff and set aside.
- In a small sauté pan, over medium-high heat, sauté the pistachios and the raisins in the remaining oil. Cook for a total of 4 minutes, mixing often. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of boiling water and the saffron. Let stand for 1 minute. Add ½ of the white rice to this bowl and coat it well with the saffron water. Let stand for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, mix the white rice, pistachio, raisins, orange zest, cilantro and the yellow rice.
- Serve on a platter and garnish with the pomegranate seeds.
One mother shares her experience with breastfeeding and offers seven important tidbits you might not have known about nursing.
With the fall season right around the corner, we're bringing you the latest in fashion, food, and fun the whole family will enjoy.
Hungry? We've got you covered. From quick breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes to holiday and healthy eating, we have enough easy, delicious recipes and snack ideas to inspire even the laziest cook (not to mention please the picky eaters).