Pistachio & Pomegranate Rice
November 12, 2018
Celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffmann uses high-quality ingredients from Star Fine Foods to spice up your Thanksgiving table with this delicious side dish.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1½ cups of water + 2 tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons STAR Extra Light Olive Oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pistachios, shelled
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/8th teaspoon saffron powder
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 6 people
- Place the rice in a large saucepan with the 1½ cups of water, 2 tablespoons oil, and salt. Bring to a boil, uncovered, and cook until you see holes forming on the surface that tunnel down into the rice, about 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and cover the saucepan. Cook for 20 minutes, then fluff and set aside.
- In a small sauté pan, over medium-high heat, sauté the pistachios and the raisins in the remaining oil. Cook for a total of 4 minutes, mixing often. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of boiling water and the saffron. Let stand for 1 minute. Add ½ of the white rice to this bowl and coat it well with the saffron water. Let stand for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, mix the white rice, pistachio, raisins, orange zest, cilantro and the yellow rice.
- Serve on a platter and garnish with the pomegranate seeds.
Caroline Manzo, who will soon appear on the celebrity edition of The Balancing Act, is showing off a whole new look, as featured on The Today Show's website.
We're hanging out with First for Women's Samantha Trenk, who's sharing tips and tricks for women everywhere – including essential oils, teas, and more!