Mini Spinach-Artichoke Blue Cheesecakes with Mixed Greens
January 11, 2016
Appetizers are a must, especially finger foods that can be strategically placed around your home. Snacking gives people something to do, provides a natural gathering place for conversation and keeps overbearing relatives from breathing down your neck in the kitchen. Ask each of your guests to bring something simple, and consider adding these charming mini cheesecakes as well.
12 saltine crackers, finely crushed
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8-oz.) container spinach and artichoke cream
1 (8-oz.) container sour cream, divided
1 (4-oz.) package crumbled blue cheese
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 (5-oz.) bag mixed spring greens
1 (12-oz.) jar refrigerated blue cheese dressing
Fresh oregano sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 1 (12-cup) muffin pan with paper liners. Spray liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together cracker crumbs and melted butter. Spoon cracker mixture evenly into bottom of liners, pressing to form crust.
- In a large bowl, place cream cheeses, ½ cup sour cream, blue cheese and flour. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Spoon cream cheese mixture over cracker mixture, filling paper liners completely full.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until set. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and let cool completely (about 15 minutes).
- Cover and chill for 2 hours. Freeze for 30 minutes, or until paper liners can easily be removed from cheesecakes. Remove and discard paper liners.
- Serve cheesecakes over greens. Drizzle with desired amount of blue cheese dressing.
- Dollop cheesecakes evenly with remaining sour cream. Garnish with oregano sprigs, if desired.
Experience the acclaimed new production of the legendary musical Miss Saigon, from the creators of Les Misérables.
Using products from Nature's Own, we're going beyond the basic sandwich with celebrity chef Ralph Pagano.
Let's be honest: As parents, we can have a lot of trouble making the stories of the Bible come alive for our kids. Bible Belles makes it fun and easy.