Macaroni & Cheese
October 21, 2015
Just saying the words “mac n cheese” can transport most of us back to our childhood, impatiently waiting at the dinner table for mom to deliver a steaming bowl of cheesy golden goodness. Don’t abandon your enthusiasm now that you’re an adult! This recipe provides 75% of your daily calcium, has fewer calories and less fat without sacrificing the delicious comfort food taste.
Macaroni & Cheese
Nonstick cooking spray
3 cups elbow macaroni
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups 1% low-fat milk
¾ cup shredded Fontina cheese
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
4 ounces Velveeta reduced-fat cheese product
½ cup Japanese-style bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add salt to the water, then the macaroni. Cook until al dente and drain.
- Run under cold water and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, combine flour and milk in a large saucepan, whisking until blended.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cheeses and cook until melted and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cooked macaroni. Add ¼ tsp salt.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake until bubbly, about 30-40 minutes.
Your favorite morning show is getting charged up with five fresh new faces! The first-ever Celebrity Edition of The Balancing Act is here.
Naomi Whittel is widely recognized as the one to watch in the “wellness from within” space, hailed as a trailblazer and an advocate of purity and potency in nutraceuticals.
Serving real Memphis-style barbecue since 1992, Sticky Fingers Ribhouse has five signature sauces so you can get sauced at home.