Macaroni & Cheese
October 21, 2015
Just saying the words “mac n cheese” can transport most of us back to our childhood, impatiently waiting at the dinner table for mom to deliver a steaming bowl of cheesy golden goodness. Don’t abandon your enthusiasm now that you’re an adult! This recipe provides 75% of your daily calcium, has fewer calories and less fat without sacrificing the delicious comfort food taste.
Macaroni & Cheese
Nonstick cooking spray
3 cups elbow macaroni
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups 1% low-fat milk
¾ cup shredded Fontina cheese
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
4 ounces Velveeta reduced-fat cheese product
½ cup Japanese-style bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add salt to the water, then the macaroni. Cook until al dente and drain.
- Run under cold water and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, combine flour and milk in a large saucepan, whisking until blended.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cheeses and cook until melted and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cooked macaroni. Add ¼ tsp salt.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake until bubbly, about 30-40 minutes.
The Rockefeller Foundation is working to give communities the food, income, and benefits they need to survive by providing access to various helpful resources.
Homesquare offers an extensive and curated range of functional, stylish, and modern furniture that allows customers to create their dream home office.
The Balancing Act is back, exploring ways to survive and thrive during the coronavirus pandemic – from mental health to creating your dream workspace.