Halloween Crafts for Kids
October 24, 2019
Spooky season is upon us! No wonder most kids can’t wait to have a house full of candy on Halloween. In the meantime, here are some new arts and crafts ideas to keep your children’s spooky spirits up all month long.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup shortening
- 4 to 6 tablespoons water
- Yellow, orange, green, and black paste food coloring (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and blended
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture
- Shape dough into two portions. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to ¼-inch thickness
- Cut with floured 2-1/2-inch Halloween-shaped cookie cutters
- Place each cookie 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown
- Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely
- In a large bowl, beat powdered sugar, shortening, and enough water to reach spreading consistency.
- Tint frosting and decorate as desired. Let cookies stand until the frosting is set
Toilet Paper Roll Bat
- Toilet paper roll
- White paint
- Paint brush
- Black paper
- Black and orange sharpie
- Start by folding the ends in on the empty toilet paper roll
- Paint the roll white
- Draw and cut out a set of bat wings with black paper for each roll
- Once the roll is dry, tape or glue the wings to the toilet paper roll
- Draw on the roll a goofy face with the black sharpie. Add some details with the orange sharpie
Halloween Spooky Eyeball Slime
- 6 oz. glitter green Elmer’s glue (2 bottles)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons contact lens solution (must have boric acid)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Googly eyes
- Pour 6 oz of glitter green Elmer’s glue into a large mixing bowl.
- Add ½ teaspoon baking soda and 2 tablespoons water and mix in thoroughly
- Add contact solution; mix in slowly
- Mix until slime forms and begins to harden. Knead with hands
- Once you have the consistency of slime that you want, add googly eyes on top of the slime for a spooky effect
Which arts and crafts project is your child’s favorite? We’re eyeing the Halloween-inspired spooky eyeball slime. Let us know!
Hearing loss is a serious health issue. Phonak provides the world’s most innovative hearing solutions for virtually every degree of hearing loss, regardless of age, lifestyle, or cosmetic preference of the user.
You may not consider your digestive system when you think about your overall well-being — but that's where good health and proper nutrition begins. For 80 years, people around the world have been making Yakult a part of their daily diet.
Acute hepatic porphyria, or AHP, refers to a family of rare, genetic diseases characterized by potentially life-threatening attacks and, for some people, chronic pain and other debilitating symptoms that negatively impact everyday life.