Greek Yogurt Pancake Recipe
October 8, 2015
Greek yogurt is delicious all on its own, but it can also be added to your everyday cooking for a fun and nutritional twist. Not only does it contain about twice the protein of regular yogurt, it is also high in calcium and vitamin D. Try the recipe below for a breakfast you can feel good about feeding the whole family!
One 5.3 oz. container nonfat Greek yogurt
1 large egg (or 2 large egg whites)
½ cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup fresh blueberries (or ½ large banana)
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour and baking soda.
- Add yogurt and egg/egg whites.
- Stir until a thick batter is formed.
- Lightly coat a pan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Pour batter into 5-inch circles.
- Dot pancakes with blueberries and/or bananas.
- Flip when bubbles start to form in the batter.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
On this episode, Beth Troutman tells her story; Christina Nicholson embarks on an adventure to Orlando with her family; and former football player Marc Bouniconti shares his journey.
Three decades later, Marc Buoniconti, a quadriplegic, visits The Balancing Act to talk about his life, his mission, and his goal to one day walk again.
The Balancing Act's host Christina Nicholson and her family are embarking on a fun-filled vacation to Orlando, Fla., also known as the "theme park capital of the world."