Greek Yogurt Pancake Recipe
October 8, 2015
Greek yogurt is delicious all on its own, but it can also be added to your everyday cooking for a fun and nutritional twist. Not only does it contain about twice the protein of regular yogurt, it is also high in calcium and vitamin D. Try the recipe below for a breakfast you can feel good about feeding the whole family!
One 5.3 oz. container nonfat Greek yogurt
1 large egg (or 2 large egg whites)
½ cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup fresh blueberries (or ½ large banana)
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour and baking soda.
- Add yogurt and egg/egg whites.
- Stir until a thick batter is formed.
- Lightly coat a pan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Pour batter into 5-inch circles.
- Dot pancakes with blueberries and/or bananas.
- Flip when bubbles start to form in the batter.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
Ingrid Hoffmann uses high-quality Star ingredients to whip up this tasty—and healthy—pasta dish that will have everyone going for seconds.
The Balancing Act host Julie Moran is in the kitchen with celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffman! Using ingredients from Star Fine Foods, Ingrid is whipping up a skinny sun-dried tomato and balsamic chicken alfredo.
On Behind the Mystery, we're investigating Polycythemia Vera (PV), a rare blood cancer which causes overproduction of red blood cells.