Five Ways to Make It Up to Your Home-Alone Dog
November 9, 2015
Sure, your dog is like a member of the family. But the truth is, between a full day of work, chores, extracurricular activities and spending time with the family, sometimes Fido drops to the bottom of your priority list.
Here are five ways to help ease your guilt and show your furry friend how much you love them:
- Field trip! Did someone say car ride? Long walks are great, but exploring somewhere new can be mentally stimulating for your dog, especially if they’ve been cooped up in the house all day. If the store is pet friendly, take them with you as you run errands. Or simply visit your local pet supply store and get them a special toy or treat.
- Playdate. Does your dog have a favorite canine buddy? Arrange some time at a park for the two to get together and burn off some energy together.
- Guest of honor. Give yourself a break from cooking and take your dog out to dinner! Choose a restaurant with an outdoor patio that accepts dogs, or pick up some finger foods and have a picnic in a nearby park.
- Old dog, new trick! Positive training increases your bond with your dog. Whether you take a class or work on foundation behaviors at home, training is great opportunity for quality time and teaches your pet to want to work with you.
- One-on-one time. If your dog is a snuggler, indulge them. If they aren’t allowed on the couch or bed, get down on their level – literally. Spending just 15 minutes showing them your undivided attention is invaluable.
Modern Dog, Summer 2015
Your favorite morning show is getting charged up with five fresh new faces! The first-ever Celebrity Edition of The Balancing Act is here.
Naomi Whittel is widely recognized as the one to watch in the “wellness from within” space, hailed as a trailblazer and an advocate of purity and potency in nutraceuticals.
Make no mistake – this is no child’s play! Indulge in a refreshing and delicious adult frozen cocktail without all the unforgiving calories. Cue Slim Chillers’ Skinny Freezers, a line of low-calorie vodka popsicles for adults made with 8-times distilled vodka. Flavors range from Lemon Drop and Watermelon Lemonade, to the Cosmopolitan and Appletini. All you […]