Delicious Recipe for Squash Pasta with Sage Pesto
October 29, 2015
Squash Pasta with Sage Pesto
This out-of-the-box pasta recipe is so delicious, you won’t believe it’s made from raw zucchini! Use a spiralizer or a veggie peeler to create your ideal size “noodles” and see how long it takes for your friends or family to notice the difference.
2 cups chopped basil
3 Tbsp. chopped sage
2 Tbsp. chopped leek
½ cup pine nuts
2 cloves garlic
1 ½ Tbsp. nutritional yeast
½ tsp sea salt
½ cup olive oil
3 green zucchini, sliced into noodles
1 yellow zucchini, sliced into noodles
½ cup sunflower sprouts (alt: buck wheat
sprouts or pea shoots)
½ cup thinly julienned red bell pepper
½ cup Sage Pesto
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Red pepper flakes, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Basil, chopped coarsely (optional garnish)
- To prepare Sage Pesto, remove stems from basil and sage. In a food processor, gently pulse basil, sage, leek, pine nuts, garlic, yeast and salt until finely minced.
- Add the oil slowly and in a thin, even stream, pulsing until sauce has reached a coarse consistency.
- To prepare Squash Pasta, combine green and yellow zucchini noodles with sprouts and bell pepper in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ½ cup of the Sage Pesto, olive oil, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Slowly spoon the pesto onto the noodles, mix together gently with hands and serve. If you prefer it lightly sauced, don’t add all the pesto to the mixture.
Women, Winter 2012
We’re back in the kitchen with chef Ralph Pagano whipping up mouthwatering buffalo chicken tacos using Moore's Marinades' Original Buffalo Wing Sauce.
Celebrity chef Ralph Pagano uses high-quality ingredients from Moore's Marinades to create quick and easy pull-apart hot sausage bread.
Learn how MicroGenDX's Next Generation DNA Sequencing is changing the lives of patients around the world.