Chili Con Carne
October 5, 2015
As temperatures around the country start to drop, comfort foods that warm us up start to sound more and more appetizing. This recipe is perfect for the fall weather and a Monday: simple yet satisfying.
Chili Con Carne
1 ½ lb. lean ground beef or turkey
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 (20-oz.) cans red kidney beans
Chili powder to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pint sour cream
1 cup uncooked white rice
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Crumble meat into the skillet and brown gently, using a fork to break it up.
- Add garlic and about three quarters of the chopped onion.
- While the meat mixture simmers, drain and rinse beans and put them in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add meat mixture, 2-3 Tbsp. chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Once the rice is finished, taste the chili. Add more chili powder and other seasonings, if necessary.
- Skim off any fat that may have collected.
- Put sour cream and remaining chopped onion in serving bowls for garnish.
- Serve the chili over rice in soup bowls.
Yield: 6 servings
The Rockefeller Foundation is working to give communities the food, income, and benefits they need to survive by providing access to various helpful resources.
Homesquare offers an extensive and curated range of functional, stylish, and modern furniture that allows customers to create their dream home office.
The Balancing Act is back, exploring ways to survive and thrive during the coronavirus pandemic – from mental health to creating your dream workspace.