Chicken Caprese Pasta
March 7, 2018
A Fresh, Restaurant-Inspired Recipe You Can Easily Create at Home
- 1/2 lb. penne pasta
- 3 Tbsp. STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup STAR Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Gold Edition (can add more if desired)
- 3 Tbsp. freshly chopped basil
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and cook for one minute. Stir in the garlic and continue cooking another 30 seconds. Add the cooked pasta and the chicken and stir to coat in the oil. Pour in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Let the pasta cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the diced mozzarella. Drizzle the vinegar on top or stir in with the pasta. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Behind the Mystery is a special segment dedicated to revolutionizing the way the health care system works for those suffering from a rare and genetic disorder.
Behind the Mystery takes a closer look at one of the two types of Polycystic Kidney disease. Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease, or ADPKD, is a rare, genetic condition.
Behind the Mystery takes a closer look at Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm, a rare disease that is often misdiagnosed and affects at least 500 to 1,000 patients each year in the U.S.