Chicken Caprese Pasta
March 7, 2018
A Fresh, Restaurant-Inspired Recipe You Can Easily Create at Home
- 1/2 lb. penne pasta
- 3 Tbsp. STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup STAR Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Gold Edition (can add more if desired)
- 3 Tbsp. freshly chopped basil
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and cook for one minute. Stir in the garlic and continue cooking another 30 seconds. Add the cooked pasta and the chicken and stir to coat in the oil. Pour in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Let the pasta cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the diced mozzarella. Drizzle the vinegar on top or stir in with the pasta. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Healthy eating habits start at home and often at a very young age. It's important to promote healthy choices with your children to show why—and how—a healthy lifestyle can be fun. We've got some tips to help you if you've got a picky eater on your hands:
On this special episode, we're supporting our nations troops with the Wounded Warrior Project. Plus, a new edition of Behind the Mystery and a delicious fall recipe from celebrity chef Ralph Pagano.
Discover the Wounded Warrior Project, a charitable organization that helps veterans and active duty service members.