Blueberry Muffin Cake
October 12, 2015
Spoiler alert: This cake is actually just muffin batter baked into cake form. But that doesn’t mean it’s any less delicious! Pick a morning you feel like having dessert for breakfast and serve it warm, preferably in bed.
Blueberry Muffin Cake
4 oz. (½ cup) unsalted butter, melted and
slightly cooled; more for the pan
9 oz. (2 cups) unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
½ cup whole milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¾ lb. (2 cups) fresh blueberries
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch, round spring-form pan.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the butter, milk, eggs and vanilla together. Using a silicone spatula, stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Fold in the berries.
- Scrape the batter into the pan, spreading it evenly. Tap the pan on the counter once or twice to break any air bubbles.
- Bake until golden brown and a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 45-55 minutes (if the top gets too brown, tent with aluminum foil).
- Let cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Run a paring knife around the edge of the cake and remove the side of the pan. Transfer the cake to a serving plate and serve warm, with confectioners’ sugar sifted over the top, if desired.
Having good, reliable health insurance can literally be a lifesaver. When you’re in the market for a plan, it’s best to work with an insurance broker you can trust. Here’s what you need to know to make it as easy as possible. It all starts with a needs analysis. The experts at Barakat Insurance can […]
Civil litigation law requires a special type of legal help. It’s not the same as criminal law and it can happen to anybody. The goal is to avoid litigation and solve these issues through mediation. Solomon, Vigh & Springer, P.A. share what you need to know.
Being the parent of a medically fragile child is a big challenge, but you don’t have to do it alone. The experts at Focus Forward Skilled Care are helping and supporting Florida families with wisdom and compassion. They use an approach called the TEAM method to make sure their patients have consistent care throughout their […]