October 27, 2015
Soup is a no-brainer, go-to meal as soon as the temperatures start to dip. However, the convenience of the canned options from the grocery store is trumped by the high sodium levels. So next time you’re craving a steaming bowl of soul-warming soup, make it at home! This recipe is a simple classic to get you started.
4 cups chopped tomatoes
1 sliced onion
4 whole cloves
2 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
- In a stockpot, over medium heat, combine the tomatoes, onion, cloves and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and gently boil for about 20 minutes to blend all the flavors.
- Remove from heat and run the mixture through a food mill into a large bowl or pan. Discard any debris left in the food mill.
- In the now empty stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour to make a roux, cooking until the color is medium brown.
- Gradually whisk in some of the tomato mixture so that no lumps form.
- Season with sugar and salt, adjusting to your tastes.
Because Lucara gives back 55% of the revenue it earns from diamonds to the people of Botswana, every child in Botswana receives a free education.
Lucara Diamond emphasizes a healthy and safe work environment and creating a positive economic and social impact on local communities where they operate.
Natural diamonds are among the hardest and most ancient substances on earth—some specimens were formed three billion years ago.