Ten Ways to Make Sure Your Posts are Twitterific
October 7, 2015
When you’re limited to 140 characters, you have to be selective about what you say. Here are ten pointers to ensure you’re making the most of your Twitter account:
- Be careful. You don’t have to follow everyone, or allow everyone you asks to follow you. Make sure that the accounts are not inappropriate or spam.
- Be independent. Just because someone follows you, doesn’t mean you have to follow them back.
- Be relevant. If you’re following an industry expert or celebrity, don’t contribute to the clutter. Only tweet to them if it is pertinent.
- Be selective. No one cares that you just ate a banana for breakfast. When you’re deciding what and what not to post, remember that this isn’t your diary.
- Be level headed. Don’t let your emotions get the best of you. If something upsets you, walk away and address the issue at a later time. Once your words are on Twitter, there’s no taking them back.
- Be social. Don’t limit yourself to your close group of friends. Twitter is about networking, so expand your circle and engage with a broader audience.
- Be timely. One of the reasons Twitter is such a powerful tool is the fact that information and conversations are shared in real time. If you’re participating, make sure you’re keeping up.
- Be trendy. Learn the proper use of hashtags (#) and incorporate them whenever possible. This will help other followers interested in your topic find your tweet, especially if the topic is trending.
- Be polite. Just like in any social environment, manners are appreciated. Be sure to reciprocate love and thank people when appropriate.
- Have fun! Twitter is a tool, but it is also somewhat of a social toy, so make sure that you’re enjoying yourself as you engage.
The Balancing Act goes behind the scenes with Disney’s Aladdin The Musical. Amber Milt interviews young actress Isabelle McCalla, who’s playing the role of Jasmine on the national tour. Plus, she learns one of the magical tap numbers with a brother and sister swing duo from the show. Thinking of a new career? Why don’t […]
Chef Bryan Tyrell introduces you to a whole new level of flavor with delicious recipes using The Original Sliders from White Castle. From stuffed peppers to beef quesadillas, these mini-burgers steam-grilled on a bed of onions add pizzazz to any recipe! White Castle invented these delicious bite-sized burgers, and now you can find them in […]
Join The Balancing Act host Amber Milt as she goes behind the scenes at Disney’s Aladdin for Broadway Across America. Based on the Academy Award-winning Disney animated film, Aladdin sweeps audiences into an exotic world of daring adventure, classic comedy and timeless romance. Come along for the ride as we meet Jasmine: Actress Isabelle McCalla, […]