Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
November 14, 2017
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. STAR Extra Light Olive Oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 3 dozen
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt in a medium bowl. Stir and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the olive oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and mix on low speed until thoroughly combined. Add the egg and mix until incorporated, then add the yolk mixing until combined. Add the vanilla and mix on medium speed until the eggs and vanilla are fully incorporated.
- On low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients mixing just until no white streaks remain. Add the chocolate chips and mix until distributed throughout. Scoop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheets into 1-inch balls.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just golden brown.
Did you know that you can substitute 3/4 cup of olive oil for every cup of butter called in a recipe? Chef Stuart O’Keeffe bakes delicious sugar cookies with extra light olive oil from Star Fine Foods as a cholesterol-friendly substitute for butter. Loaded with healthy unsaturated fats, olive oil is touted as a heart […]
Almond flour is a surprisingly tasty — and healthy — alternative to regular flour. Healthy eating advocate Angie Worth joins the show to demonstrate how Nature’s Eats Blanched Almond Flour is a delicious, gluten-free substitute to traditional flour. Your mouth will water as Angie shows a variety of holiday treats, from pumpkin pecan muffins to […]
For our Thanksgiving Special, we’re in the kitchen serving up delicious Thanksgiving recipes and offering quick tips! We start off with holiday baking ideas and meals made with gluten-free blanched almond flour, a healthy alternative to traditional flour. Next, we all know how hard it is to avoid splurging over the holidays, but we show […]