Five Ways to Make It Up to Your Home-Alone Dog
November 9, 2015
Sure, your dog is like a member of the family. But the truth is, between a full day of work, chores, extracurricular activities and spending time with the family, sometimes Fido drops to the bottom of your priority list.
Here are five ways to help ease your guilt and show your furry friend how much you love them:
- Field trip! Did someone say car ride? Long walks are great, but exploring somewhere new can be mentally stimulating for your dog, especially if they’ve been cooped up in the house all day. If the store is pet friendly, take them with you as you run errands. Or simply visit your local pet supply store and get them a special toy or treat.
- Playdate. Does your dog have a favorite canine buddy? Arrange some time at a park for the two to get together and burn off some energy together.
- Guest of honor. Give yourself a break from cooking and take your dog out to dinner! Choose a restaurant with an outdoor patio that accepts dogs, or pick up some finger foods and have a picnic in a nearby park.
- Old dog, new trick! Positive training increases your bond with your dog. Whether you take a class or work on foundation behaviors at home, training is great opportunity for quality time and teaches your pet to want to work with you.
- One-on-one time. If your dog is a snuggler, indulge them. If they aren’t allowed on the couch or bed, get down on their level – literally. Spending just 15 minutes showing them your undivided attention is invaluable.
Modern Dog, Summer 2015
Ways to Manage Cancer- a special health edition of The Balancing Act. For those who suffer from cancer- chemotherapy can be debilitating, however it is necessary for the effective treatment of the disease. There are now way to receive at home cancer infusion. It allows the patient to still receive gold standard of care in […]
InfuSystem is a growing healthcare company that provides infusion pumps and related products and services for patients in the home, oncology clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, and other sites of care from five locations serving all 50 States and Canada. According to their Director of Clinical Resources, Carrie Lachance they deliver improved patient experiences and high […]
Get reedy for another in our Broadway Balances America series. Watch as we go behind the scenes with Emilio and Gloria Estefan’s and discuss the musical On Your Feet!, which is based on their incredible lives. We sit down with the music icons and learn why they truly personify the American Dream. Also, are you […]