Blueberry Muffin Cake
October 12, 2015
Spoiler alert: This cake is actually just muffin batter baked into cake form. But that doesn’t mean it’s any less delicious! Pick a morning you feel like having dessert for breakfast and serve it warm, preferably in bed.
Blueberry Muffin Cake
4 oz. (½ cup) unsalted butter, melted and
slightly cooled; more for the pan
9 oz. (2 cups) unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
½ cup whole milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¾ lb. (2 cups) fresh blueberries
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch, round spring-form pan.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the butter, milk, eggs and vanilla together. Using a silicone spatula, stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Fold in the berries.
- Scrape the batter into the pan, spreading it evenly. Tap the pan on the counter once or twice to break any air bubbles.
- Bake until golden brown and a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 45-55 minutes (if the top gets too brown, tent with aluminum foil).
- Let cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes. Run a paring knife around the edge of the cake and remove the side of the pan. Transfer the cake to a serving plate and serve warm, with confectioners’ sugar sifted over the top, if desired.
Ways to Manage Cancer- a special health edition of The Balancing Act. For those who suffer from cancer- chemotherapy can be debilitating, however it is necessary for the effective treatment of the disease. There are now way to receive at home cancer infusion. It allows the patient to still receive gold standard of care in […]
InfuSystem is a growing healthcare company that provides infusion pumps and related products and services for patients in the home, oncology clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, and other sites of care from five locations serving all 50 States and Canada. According to their Director of Clinical Resources, Carrie Lachance they deliver improved patient experiences and high […]
Get reedy for another in our Broadway Balances America series. Watch as we go behind the scenes with Emilio and Gloria Estefan’s and discuss the musical On Your Feet!, which is based on their incredible lives. We sit down with the music icons and learn why they truly personify the American Dream. Also, are you […]