Avocado Key Lime Pie: Delicious & Healthy
May 4, 2018
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 pkg (10 oz.) Welch’s frozen avocados, thawed and mashed
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick-style plain cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream, whipped and divided
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
To Thaw: Place avocados on a plate at room temperature for approximately 60 minutes or microwave* at 20-second intervals until thawed. For best flavor and texture, serve while still slightly frozen. *As microwaves vary, time may need to be adjusted. Keep frozen—do not refreeze.
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 4-6 hours refrigerated
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with brown sugar; mix in melted butter until moistened. Press into bottom and up the side of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together Welch’s Frozen Avocados, cream cheese, honey, lime juice, lime zest, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped cream.
- Scrape into prepared crust; smooth top. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours or until set. Garnish with remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with coconut (if using).
Tip: Garnish with lime slices or zest!
Today on The Balancing Act, trusted experts join the show to offer innovative ways to improve your family's communication and nourishment.
CapTel offers closed captioning for your phone—technology that allows the hearing impaired to read captions of everything that is said during home conversations.
Spectra is the #1 recommended breast pump by licensed lactation consultants, offering hospital strength at an affordable price.